.

.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Recipe of the week : Apple Crumb Bread From Amish fiction writer Wanda Brunstetter.




Amish Friends Cookbook



Volume 2



Apple Crumb Bread

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter

1 cup sugar
2 eggs

1 teaspoon baking soda in 2 tablespoons milk

2 cups flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups chopped apples




Toppings     
1 teaspoon cinnamon

2 tablespoons butter

4 tablespoons flour

2 tablespoons brown sugar



Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream together in a bowl the butter, sugar, and eggs. Add the baking soda dissolved in 2 tablespoons milk. Finally, add in the flour, salt, vanilla, and chopped apples. Pour into a 9 by 5 1/2 inch greased bread pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon, butter, flour, and brown sugar that have been combined together. Bake for 1 hour.
To order this book "Amish Friends Cookbook Volume 2"  please visit your favorite book store or buy online.

Look for me to post more of Wanda's Amish recipes in the future, and i thank Wanda Brunstetter for allowing me to post these on Amish Stories.      Richard
    


Don't miss Jeans post this Tuesday along with an Amish recipe !

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard