.

.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Recipe of the week:Potato Pancakes


Potato Pancakes

In a large bowl mix the potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, and salt until well blended. Fry immediately in preheated hot oil or butter at 375° F. in an electric skillet or a heavy frying pan. Drop by large serving spoonfuls into the oil and fry until golden brown on each side. Serve immediately.
Serves 6
4 medium potatoes, coarsely grated
1 med. onion, coarsely grated
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 c. flour
1 t. salt
dash freshly ground pepper
1/4 c. oil or butter for frying
grated cheese or paprika (optional)
Betty Groff's newly revised and illustrated Country Goodness Cookbook is a virtual cornucopia of family recipes and home-spun anecdotes. This 326 page soft-cover edition has seasonal menus, common sense cooking, and microwave ideas. As an added bonus this book is autographed by the author.To order this book, please visit our friends at www.Amishshop.com

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard