.

.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Amish root beer stand in lancaster county.

While spending the day in Lancaster taking pictures for the blog, i thought id stop into one of my favorite Amish food stands. This one is located in Bird-In-Hand right on the edge of intercourse, so because of its location I'm sure most of its customers would be tourist. For me to give its address would make it alittle harder than just looking for the home-made sign that says (cold homemade Root Beer for sale) which is right on route 340. Its really hard to miss, and on the day i was there it was on the cold side. So there's not many Amish stands that are open in the winter months, and since this one is on the inside, it can be open all year round. That was not always the case because when i was here in Aug and a few years before, the stand was a little open shack. So as i pulled up the very long driveway up to the farm, i was almost not able to find the new stand because its part of the barn now. and the new indoor stand was a welcome site to behold because it was pretty cold outside . I walked in and soon realized that i was the only one inside, I think everyone was doing chores that day. The fact that its a slow time of year for them at the stand had something to do with it as well. After looking around for a few mins, a young Amish boy opened the door and we talked for a few mins. I asked him if i could see where his family made the root beer, and asked him if his mom was busy to talk with. It sounded like his mom was busy So i didn't want to push asking for a tour on that day, ill drop by again in hopes of them knowing me a little better and gaining their trust a little more. I bought a few bottles of root beer with me drinking a bottle almost before i was out the door, so i recommend to anyone in the area to visit this Amish food stand. And if you thirst for cold home- made root beer on a warm spring or hot summer day, this place should definitely be in your plans. I have a few more pictures of the stand ill post on fri, along with a recipe for root beer. Richard from Amish stories.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard