.

.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Yoder's Amish style Restaurant in Pinecraft Florida| Man vs Food

Story by Richard. Amish stories.........First lets just get this out of the way, yes there really are Amish in Florida. located in Sarasota Florida, this very small Amish/Mennonite community dates back to the 1920s. As some who have been to this little town know, the horse and buggy has been replaced by 3 wheeled bicycles. I first found out that Florida had a Amish community around the year 1989 when reading the newspaper "The Budget". So since I had a strong interest in Amish culture dating back to my childhood, finding this community in the middle of palm trees and sadly all that heat was a big surprise for me. The town has 3 Amish style restaurants, but its Yoder's and troyers that most people remember to go to when in town. Both are very close in food quality, with Yoder's to me anyway edging out troyers by a hair. Yoder's is very small while troyers is huge in comparison, yet Yoder's packs a big punch in its family feeling. You almost feel like your at home at the dinner table, and that feeling continues in the restroom, im sure most customers have restrooms bigger than yoders does. But lets be honest, people don’t go to yoders for the restroom, it’s all about the food, and yoders delivers. If your ever in or around Sarasota, you owe it to yourself to pay yoders a visit. If you should be in Pinecraft in the winter months, have some patience because the lines do tend to be long outside the restaurant, but its worth it trust me. Richard. Amish stories.(pictures of Yoder's by Richard elzey of flickr)

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard