.

.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Recipe of the week : Potluck Potatoes



  Potluck Potatoes




Slice potatoes, cook till almost tender. Combine the rest of the ingredients and heat till cheese is melted. Put in layers in casserole and cover with 2 C. crushed corn flakes crumbs. Mix with 1/2 C. melted butter. Bake for 45 minutes in 350° F oven. 2 lbs. potatoes

1/2 C. butter

1 can cream of mushroom, chicken or celery soup

1 t. onion salt

1/4 t. pepper

1 pt. sour cream

2 C. Velveeta cheese

1 t. Lawry's seasoning salt




From mouth-watering Amish-style main dishes to kitchen dream desserts, this on has it all. Over 600 from-scratch recipes that please the appetite and are easy on the food budget. You'll get a whole section on canning and food preparation. The Amish, long known for their originality in the kitchen, share their favorites with you. This 275 page spiral bound cookbook has over 600 recipes .

Cooking with the Horse & Buggy People - To order go to www.Amishshop.com.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard