.

.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Recipe of the week : Amish Dressing



Amish Dressing (Stuffing)



Put eggs in bowl and beat. Add salt, pepper, sage, and thyme. Mix. Add 2 cups milk, onions, celery, potatoes, diced chicken and carrots. Add bread crumbs and enough milk to moisten well. Substitute 1 c. chicken broth instead of milk if desired. Bake in well-greased 9" casserole at 350° F. 1 loaf bread, diced and toasted

4 eggs

1 medium onion, chopped fine

1/2 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. sage

1/2 tsp. thyme

3/4 c. diced potatoes

2 c. diced chicken

1/2 c. diced and cooked carrots

3 stalks celery, minced

This excellent collection of authentic Amish recipes will be a treasured addition to any cookbook collection. Includes Amish home remedies. 217 pages, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", comb bound, illustrated.

To order this recipe book please visit my Friends at www.Amishshop.com. Richard from Amish Stories.


Don't miss Jeans post this Tuesday as two very different cultures collide. Including a home made recipe from Jean.


www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard