.

.

Friday, September 23, 2011

An all American post for this Friday: A profile of Keller Ford, a family owned business which has been selling Fords in Lebanon county Pennsylvania since 1921.



When I first moved to Central Pennsylvania and was able to get settled In , I started looking around for a service  dealership for my Ford Mustang. So after just riding around and finding this really beautiful  and scenic road called 419 in Lebanon county is how I stumbled on this ford dealership. In fact route 419 is a designated Pennsylvania state scenic byway according to the US government, and seems a somewhat UN-likely place for a car dealer among pretty farmland and Amish buggies going by. In fact when I was there for service while standing outside I  saw 2 buggies go right past me, so its that kind of location most would love to have a home built on. Since this family run business was started in 1921,   going inside is kind of like stepping into a museum with old images abounding on most of the walls. In addition to selling cars when the business first started, they also sold Ford tractor's until the early part of the 1970s. Keller Ford is now celebrating 90 years in business so its really nice still seeing a real family owning a car dealership instead a giant mega-company that is so very common these days. All of the images from the country side were taken on the same day as  the dealership pictures were. 

Richard from Amish Stories.





A relic from this dealerships past

Service dept building
Parts dept with pictures of the past on the walls
Old Keller Ford parts truck
Classic Ford tractor being delivered
Leonard a Part time tractor salesman who was a nice guy as we both hanged out in his office and told me about Keller's history. He lives in Lebanon county and resides in a farm house built in the late 1800s.

gas pumps from days long ago


Leonard showing me the latest product from Kubota
The farmland across the street now has a home or two, but still very much retains its country
character.

customer coffee bar

A car lovers paradise
Trolley car in Lebanon county from the good old days.


Building cost for Keller Ford in 1930. A drop in the bucket compared to today's prices.
 
Dealership convention from 1949
Keller ford show room from the 1930s

My baby with a classic ford tractor, hey what can i say i love my Mustang!
One of the many companies that Lebanon county farmer's sell their products to.
I love these stone farm houses. Right near the Ford dealership



A farm right next to Keller Ford
Mennonite and Amish folks abound  very close to  this dealerships location

Beautiful Lebanon county farmland takes center stage around this dealership

And especially in this day and age, anything being around for 90 years is a huge accomplishment and the fact that its family owned helps make it that much special.



Recipe of the week this Monday on Amish Stories.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard