.

.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Recipe of the week: Amish Pudding


Amish Pudding

Pastry:
Mix and spread in 9x13" pan (firmly) the pastry ingredients. Bake at 350° F. for 20 minutes.
First Layer:
Mix first layer ingredients together then spread on pastry.

Second Layer:
Spread second layer on first layer. (Any kind of pudding can be used). Chill before serving
Pastry:
1 c. flour
1stick margarine
1 c. nuts, chopped
First Layer:
1 c. powdered sugar
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 c. Cool Whip or Dream Whip, whipped

Second Layer:
1 box of chocolate instant pudding made according to directions on box. Any kind of pudding can be used.





This excellent collection of authentic Amish recipes will be a treasured addition to any cookbook collection. Includes Amish home remedies. 217 pages, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", comb bound, illustrated. To order this Amish cook book please go to http://www.amishshop.com/  Richard from Amish Stories.                        

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard