.

.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Images from this day in Lancasters old order Mennonite community. Part 2

Some young old order Mennonites on horse back riding into the park.
a little out of focus image of a old order Mennonite buggy coming into the park

Young Mennonite teenagers were playing baseball on this early Sunday afternoon. I posted the image of the old order buggy in the post before this one, so in this image which ill admit is slightly out of focus the buggy had just entered the park.I was really caught off guard to be honest with my camera being off and by my side. So that explains the out of focus shot of that buggy. I was not about to be caught off guard again with these images of old order Mennonite teens riding on horses through this park. This may not be something seen very much so I'm really glad i was able to get my act together and capture these pictures.This park has become one of my favorite places to visit from my home, its extremely clean and really perfect in everyway. The town where this park is located is very non-tourist like so its a sleeper, and i mean that in a very good way. I wont mention the name of the town because i don't want to be part of adding more people going to it, and i know the locals love it that way . The owner of the store which is the only small market in town told me that "when the young become old enough they move away for more excitement, only to be replaced with older folks seeking the peace and quite from the cities that they came from". Something tells me that some of those young folks who have left will return one day, and maybe will seek something that's always been there right in front of them. Maybe they were just too much in a hurry to leave, to have ever seen it. Richard from Amish Stories.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard