.

.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Northern Lancaster county : Beautiful red barns and farm house at the start of spring


While I was traveling around in northern Lancaster county, I had passed by these 2 beautiful deep red barns and a stone farm house. So on my travels back I stopped to take some pictures. These pictures don’t really do its red color any justice, The red was almost blinding when you got right on top of it. It was also very obvious that to me that the owners are taking very good care of the place, with even the grass being close to perfect. As inviting as it seems in the images, this home has a series of fences around the whole property.So when walking around it had that feeling of look but dont touch anything kind of feel. The wagon at the bottom was off of route 897, and added a little color to the landscape with all its flowers for sale in this very early stage of spring. Richard from Amish Stories.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard