.

.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Amish fiction novels: How close are they to actual Amish life, and are the movies based on these novels really worth watching?

Amish themed novels are extremely popular today, and I'm sure the bulk of its readers would be woman. I may not be a reader of these novels, but i have read some reviews of a few movies that were based on some of the more popular books, especially from author Beverly Lewis. And some of the biggest complaints have been that some of these movies have not followed the novels from which they were based on, or they were not an accurate depiction of Amish life. In your opinion, which movie based on these Amish fiction novels has successfully followed the storyline from the book to television?. And which one more closely resembled true Amish life?. From Richard of Amish Stories

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard