.

.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Recipe of the week: Sloppy Joe: Cooking for two.


Sloppy Joe

Mix hamburger, quick oats, onion, salt and pepper; brown. Sprinkle with flour and stir. Add water; simmer. Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and brown sugar. Simmer until heated through. Serve on bread or buns. Delicious with cheese and pickles. 1 lb. hamburger
1/4 cup quick oats
chopped onion, optional
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2-3 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1½ tablespoons mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar

Table for Two sets the table with all the Amish food favorites--just for two! Sam and Amy Miller and their extended family have shared 438 of their best recipes in helpings that won't leave a week of leftovers if there are only two at your house. Mouthwatering food, for just the two of you. Laminated cover - Spiral bound - 207 pages.To order this book please visit our friends at www.Amishshop.com Richard from Amish stories.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard