.

.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Amish farm awaiting the beginning of spring, and the rejuvenation of its land.


Picture taken on March 7 of a Amish home in Lebanon county. The winter here so far has been an adjustment period for me of sorts, and considering its my first winter since living in the south for 22 years I've survived just fine so far. I know winter is not over just yet even though spring officially starts this month, but you can feel a little change in the air. When I took these pictures the temp was in the lower 40s and windy. So even though the calendar says that its officially spring on March 20, I still know that it can be very unpredictable with the weather and we even could receive some snow fall even in April. Spring is also is a time for Amish and English farmers to start working the land again after winters pause, and I very much look forward to the areas re-birth of lush green corn fields and deep red earth. As we enter spring here in Pennsylvania I look forward in being able to take images of the changing landscape that the warmer weather brings, and I look back at this passing winter with found memories. Richard. Amish stories.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard