.

.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The way i look at winter will never be the same, and in this case thats a very good thing

Story by Richard........Images taken today (feb 22) using my Kodak digital camera. This is a little reminder that winter is not quite done with us here in Pennsylvania. Last week we had record temps hitting up to 70 degrees, and now they are where they normally should be at this time of the year. Its kind of funny how my attitude of snow has changed over the years, when I was a child I couldn’t wait for the winter so I could play in the snow, and jump on a sled and fly down the city streets of New York city. And you were always good for a school day when the weather got bad. Then I left school and entered the work force, where I found out pretty fast that when you have a job, and have to get to work on time, the winter weather might have other plans for you. And to me those winter months meant most of natures beauty was somehow frozen in time, with all its goodness trapped under ice and snow. Now after just moving back up north to Pennsylvania, and being a little older ,i look at winter with a different set of eyes and a change in my attitude of it. I don’t dread it or even hate it anymore, but now appreciate how really beautiful it really is. A lot of us don’t like some of the changes that happens when we start getting a little older, but this change in the way I look at winter is a very welcome one for me, im just sorry that it took so long for me to come around. Richard Amish stories............. more pictures from this day will be posted on thurs. pictures are copyrighted, so please ask permission to use.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard