.

.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Some image's of Lancaster county.Part#3

Random images of Lancaster county using a Kodak digital camera. From the top image, it looks like someone needed a little extra utility added to their buggy. Zimmerman's store located in Intercourse,pa. Does anyone remember the phone booth from a certain popular movie that came out in 1985, if you thought "witness" you would be correct. I remember when I was a kid, and Zimmerman's had gas pumps outside, so you would pull your car up to the sidewalk and pump "gulf brand gas" into your car. if you know where to look , you can see where the pumps were on the ground from the cement patches on the sidewalk. these pictures are copyrighted by Amish stories, and no reproduction of any image is allowed with- out permission.Richard

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard