.

.

Monday, January 24, 2011

some call these Amish heaters, but are they?


these heaters are advertised as Amish heaters, yet only the wood mantel is really Amish made.with the heating element coming from china. is this deceptive advertising?.in feb 2009 consumers affairs site article"how miraculous is this Amish fire place"?. in that article it criticzes the price of the heater and accused the company of false advertising by embellishing on the "Amish" connection.in 2009 in a new york times article "amish space heaters:is that a oxymoron"?,it pointed out that misleading advertising is a real concern. also in 2007 the Better Business Bureau has recieved over 200 complaints against the company relating to misleading advertising. the question is inspite of all the controversy with this heaters, would you buy one?

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard