.

.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Classic ad of the week: From 1959 Admiral Portable TV, with the worlds first remote control! And a classic recipe from the 1950's

1959 Admiral Portable TV original vintage advertisement. Admiral announces the world's first portable TV with wireless remote control. Push a button - click - there's your channel tuned perfectly from your easy chair. Admiral - mark of quality throughout the world.  Image courtesy of www.adclassix.com


Sloppy Joes

A recipe from the 50s!

1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 onion diced (optional)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
1 can Campbell's Original Vegetable Soup

Sauté the beef with the onions, breaking the beef up. When it is almost done, add the garlic powder and pour in the can of soup. Mix together well. Let heat through. Serve on buns.

Makes enough for four, but can easily be doubled or tripled. Recipe from www.Recipegoldmine.com

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard