.

.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Amish baseball game: part 1.

The first post i had done on Amish Stories was at this same location which has proved to be a very popular spot for the Amish to have baseball game's, and to be honest like the first post that i had done  i pretty much just stumbled on to this game as it was in progress. I did notice that on both teams most were wearing fire dept Tee shirts from 2 different fire stations, so i believe what we are watching is  just a friendly game between volunteer fire personal.(part 2 next FridayRichard
 
I wonder what the changes will be to Amish life when this young man grows-up?
They came by foot, buggy and by scooter!
An Amish version of box seats!
Amish Meatloaf recipe

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef


1 beaten egg


1/2 teaspoon sage


1/2 cup Pet milk


About 2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed


1/4 cup onion


1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded (plus some extra)


Salt and pepper






Heat oven to 350 degrees F.


Mix all ingredients well; pat into an oval loaf in a baking dish. Put the extra shredded Swiss cheese over top of loaf. Bake for 1 hour. This meatloaf freezes well. Recipe from www.Recipegoldmine.com.





www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard