.

.

Friday, March 16, 2012

An Amish buggies journey into darkness

I had my camera with me on this Winter evening outside of a restaurant in Lebanon county, so i thought id take a few pictures every 20 minutes or so of the same buggy as the sun was going down. The Amish couple who owned it were eating at the table next to me and had no idea I'm sure of my little experiment of sorts. I've been very conscious lately of trying to take more  sunset image's because i really think some of them come out really beautiful, and i admire when i visit someone else's web site who has these type of pictures on them. Those folks seem to specialize in these type of shots, so i wanted to do something at least different for myself and shoot this Amish buggy as night was casting over it. I liked the second to the  last image so much that ill be  placing  it on the right-side of Amish Stories this Monday. Richard
Dutch Oven Pot Roast with Black Night Barbecue Sauce recipe

1 (5 pound) round bone pot roast


2 teaspoons salt


2 tablespoons shortening


1/2 cup Black Night Barbecue Sauce


1/2 cup apple cider


8 carrots, pared, cut in 2-inch pieces


6 potatoes, peeled and quartered


2 onions, sliced


1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra or


1/2 pound fresh okra (optional)






Rub meat with salt. Melt shortening in Dutch oven; add meat and brown over medium heat, turning once. Reduce heat; pour over barbecue and cider. Cover and simmer on top of range or in 325 degrees oven 4 hours.






Add carrots, potatoes and onion 1 1/2 hours before end of cooking time. Add okra 15 minutes before end of cooking time.






Serves 6 to 8.






Black Night Barbecue Sauce

1 cup strong black coffee


1 1/2 cups Worcestershire sauce


1 cup ketchup


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter


1/4 cup lemon juice


2 tablespoons granulated sugar


1 tablespoon salt


2 teaspoons cayenne pepper






Combine ingredients. Simmer 30 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Recipe from www.recipegoldmine.com



Serve with Dutch Oven Pot Roast.



www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard