.

.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Recipe of the week: Hearty Hamburger Soup



Hearty Hamburger Soup


Melt butter in saucepan; brown meat; add onion and cook until transparent. Stir in remaining ingredients except flour and milk. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are tender. Combine flour with 1 c. of milk. Stir into soup mixture. Boil. Add remaining milk and heat, stirring frequently. Do not boil after adding remaining milk. 1 Tbsp. butter

1 c. chopped onion

1 c. sliced carrot

1/2 c. chopped green pepper or celery

1 lb. ground beef

2 c. tomato juice

1 c. diced potatoes

1½ tsp. salt

1 tsp. seasoned salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/3 c. flour

4 c. milk


This excellent collection of authentic Amish recipes will be a treasured addition to any cookbook collection. Includes Amish home remedies. 217 pages, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", comb bound, illustrated. To order this book please see our friends at www.Amishshop.com.



www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard