.

.

Friday, December 23, 2011

An Amish Stories Christmas : The Christmas post

         
Id like to wish everyone a merry Christmas, and  i couldn't leave Marilyn out so on behalf of her she also wishes all the folks happy holidays as well. Its been some year with a terrible economy and high unemployment , and its also the year that i started Amish Stories this past January. In fact i found myself going back to some of my very first post's and now look in amazement how much i had to learn about blogging and posting , so I've learned  a lot  along the way i think. 


All image's taken on December 2011 in  Lebanon and Lancaster counties.
 On December 10 Amish Stories had 100,000 hits so id like to thank all of its readers for taking valuable time out of your busy schedule to visit, and to post your comment's. I'm not sure how the year 2012 will be, but all i can hope is for good health for all and that everyone will be in a good place in their lives for the new year. I know that these are just wishes from myself, but its these hopes and goals that help keep us all going in life for the next tomorrow's. Richard
Lancaster county
Yes folks the small town movie theater still exists and is located at Annville in Lebanon county Pennsylvania.



Lebanon county's Amish settlement



A song that many associate with the holidays done by the supreme's in 1966, brings back many childhood memory's for me so enjoy........ Richard




Christmas Pecan Snowballs : 1 cup butter 4 Tbsp sugar 2 tsp vanilla 2 cups flour 2 cups pecans Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add pecans and flour. Roll into balls and flatten slightly. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour, then bake for 45 minutes At 300 degrees. While warm roll in powdered sugar. Both homemade recipe's from Jean.





White Christmas Candy: 1 lb. white chocolate or almond bark 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter 1 1/2 cups Spanish peanuts Melt and blend white chocolate (or Almond bark) and peanut butter together. Add rest of ingredients. Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper. Store in covered container when cook and firm.



Lancaster county, all 6 pictures taken this December 17
Intercourse,Pa on a cold December day!
Amish buggy in a hurry going through town


Amish Stories will return on January 3, 2012

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard