.

.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Random Wednesday: Various images from the Lancaster/Lebanon Pennsylvania area. With a recipe for wet bottom Shoo-fly-pie.

I'm trying something a little different for a few Wednesday post, since I have a fair amount of pictures from this summers car/tractor show's along with images of the countryside ill use them in a sequence of posts. Hope you enjoy them everyone. Richard from Amish Stories.
I love the color combination on this truck!

Wet Bottom Shoo Fly Pie


Makes two 9-inch pies.



Crumb Mixture:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


1 teaspoon salt


1 teaspoon baking powder


1/2 cup shortening


1 cup brown sugar






Bottom:


1 cup hot water


1 cup brown sugar


1 cup molasses


1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 1 teaspoon vinegar






Mix crumb mixture ingredients together. Blend bottom ingredients together. Line 2 pie pans evenly with liquid, and cover with crumbs. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes, and then at 350 degrees F until done. Posted with permission from  Recipe Goldmine. Richard from Amish Stories.


The Amish Cook on Thursday and on Friday "Lancaster on 2 wheels"  part 2.




www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard