.

.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lebanon county : A sunny day in Lebanon's Amish settlement

These images were taken during spring time, which has become one of my favorite seasons behind fall. Since i moved up from Florida I'm still very sensitive to the heat, which i hated and never got used to while living in the deep south. On my travels between Lebanon and Lancaster county's i receive some curiosity from the Amish regarding what a blog is or what will i do with the pictures that I'm taking. I'm getting the impression that some of the  younger  Amish are now understanding the good points to being involved with the Internet and its bad points. While the older folks don't really seem to want or think they would even need it even if they have a business that could benefit from it.  But as more and more of the Amish turning to English web developers to create web sites to help grow their businesses , the pressure will only increase on those Amish who have not jumped on board to the information supper highway. Richard from Amish Stories.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard