.

.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Lebanon county : Early spring in Lebanons Amish settlement.


Dairy cows resting on a cool spring day , and can you blame them.

It was starting to get ready to rain as this image was taken.

Lebanon county Amishman starting to work his fields as spring returns.

One of mother natures natural speed bumps for the eyes.
When i was driving around Lebanon county in what was in early spring, it had me wondering "which farmer is thinking about selling his land", and to who?. I admit i was starting to take all the beauty that is around me for granted just a little, as maybe a lot of the residents have come to do. But deep down i know a lot of it can disappear, and there is only so much anyone other than the farm owner themselves can do about it.sentimental feelings for the Land here in this part of Lebanon county's Amish settlement run high i would say, but that does not stop someone who gives in, and sells to a developer for hard cash. So now my outlook is different when i go out and drive around and take images, and knowing some of what I'm seeing might not be around much longer. the beauty of this area is one reason why i moved here in the first place, but sometimes nothing last forever, so i try to take nothing for granted. Richard from Amish Stories.     To help save farmland in Lebanon county, go to http://www.lebanonvalleyconservancy.org

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard