.

.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Old order Mennonite community in Lancaster county.


old order Mennonite buggy
 young Mennonites playing volleyball






On what was a very quite day in a park located in the northern Lancaster area. There was lots of activity on this day in what is mainly a old order Mennonite community.
In this small town in north Lancaster, you will find old order Mennonites living pretty much side by side with the Amish.

The buggy that is seen in the third image down had just entered the park as some young Mennonites gathered around it to chat with each other.
If i could sum-up one word for this day, i would have to say "controlled fun". All these young Mennonites  were very polite with none of the mischief that is typical with others their age. Lets say i was very impressed and pleased  at what i had seen on this day with these young people, and i would say to their parents "a job well done".
 Richard from Amish Stories.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard