.

.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lancaster county: On what was a cold day still in winter. My last winter images.











(Note new images and comments added to finish all winter images of Lancaster county) I thought id mix things up a little, and add a few pictures from different days that I was in Lancaster Pa this past winter. Those Amish buggies in a row were parked in a restaurant parking lot in Bird in Hand, so they may have been having a lunch meeting perhaps.As ive said before, im seeing more and more of the Amish using solar panels around their homes, and can you blame them?.On the last image, there must have been about 6 or 7 Amish teens riding in the smallish buggy, with one hanging on the back because there was just no room for him.Im not sure if they were trying to break any records, like in the 1960s or 70s in VW beetles. Does anyone remember that?. On another day I was at the green dragon market, so I thought id include a few food items like the biggest pretzel's that I've ever seen in my life. And of course I had to take a picture of some whoopie pies that were front and center in most of the food booths at the market. The green buggy outside had me scratching my head a little, and as I was leaving the market a woman jumped in and went right past me on her way out. For anyone thinking about going to a large flea market in the Lancaster area, id recommend going to this market and a market called Roots. At both of these markets you will find both the Amish and Mennonites are featured prominently in selling their wares, especially when it comes to food. And if you’re a pretzel fan, you must try a large one , just make sure your hungry or have someone to share it with. Richard from Amish Stories.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard