.

.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lancaster county :Was Still under winters spell on this day.




A few more pictures on what was still a winter day in Lancaster county. As I was taking pictures from a hill, an Amish girl was going by me on her scooter. And she was moving pretty quick for going uphill, it may not be the best way to travel , but it sure looks like its great exercise. Behind her was this Amish home, which may be where she came from?.Most of these Amish scooters seen in Lancaster are made not in china, but are actually made in Lancaster county by the Amish . I found the location after talking with a few Amish, so I plan on driving over to where they are made and hopefully getting some sort of pictures. Sometimes things don’t always go according to plans, but ill try regardless. Richard from Amish stories.

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard