.

.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

How i almost got out of shoveling snow today......

Last night in Lebanon county as the snow flakes were falling and the snow was starting to stick on the ground, i couldn't help but admire the beauty of fresh falling snow. it looked like fresh pop corn floating down doing some sort of elaborate dance with each other, only to fall down into a sea of awaiting snow. It seems even snow has its own version of a social network like face book or my space. after all that admiring and peeking out the window, i went to sleep not thinking of what would be waiting for me in the morning. When i did wake-up, all i remember was a dream that i had about pop corn, yes ill admit it, i love the stuff. so this all sounds pretty good so far, right, until i opened the garage door. what i was seeing pretty much knocked the smile right off my face, it was more snow than ive seen in my driveway since moving up from Florida not very long ago. as i first stepped foot into the garage , the wheels started spinning in my head, how do i get out of shoveling all this. now if you remember, i was saying how beautiful this all looked the night before, maybe i was only looking through my rose colored window tints from my car,lol. So now it was time for me to go into action, i needed a plan and i needed it quick. one thing i thought about was to pass out on the driveway, in hopes that when i woke-up the driveway would be shoveled somehow. no that wont work, i already used that one before and it ended with me waking up and having a dog standing over me trying to do his business. Then i thought, i could just drive through all that snow, and maybe the sun would melt it all by the time i got home, no that just plain stupid. I have to tell you while im thinking of ways to get out from shoveling my driveway, i had yet to step foot outside of the garage,lol. In the end as i ran out of ways to avoid not shoveling, i put that smile back on my face and finally cleared that drive way, and remembering how beautiful the area that i live in is, and how lucky i am in being here. Richard. Lebanon,pa

www.PureCountryLiving.com

I've created this website out of my own interest in the Amish/Mennonite culture and of living in the country. Its a place for people who are interested in the Amish like myself, and its also a place to share Images of the beautiful country side that is all around me. my name is Richard, and I live very close to an Amish settlement here in Pennsylvania. This site is dedicated to my mother, who had started all of this by taking me as a child to Lancaster,pa from our apartment in the Bronx projects..........THANK YOU MOM............... Richard